I know people say this every year, but goodness the time has flown by. Another year has passed and a new year is now upon us with a plethora of ambition and opportunities just waiting to be grasped. I know there are those whom wish to keep their goals for 2016 to themselves, and that's obviously fine, but I like to start a new year on my blog discussing the things I'd like to achieve with this fresh start. I'm really not one for resolutions at all, but I love writing lists; a to-do list is exactly the kind of thing I like to start a new year with - no pressure, just a friendly reminder of the things I'd like to do. In no particular order....
- Blog more: The trouble with wanting to be a blogger who likes to take outfit pics as and when I wear said outfit, is that there is not always someone around to take those pictures for you. I don't have a friend close by to do my photos or a boyfriend to lend a helping hand; I literally ask the few people whom I trust as and when I feel confident enough to ask them. The solution to this is to buy an tripod. That way, I can take pictures at my leisure without having to rely on anyone to be patient enough to deal with my "Oh, can you take a few ore please?". I hope to be more present with blogging for 2016.
- Be more experimental with my style: I certainly have no desire to throw away my current style in favour of another, but I would like to see what else I can do with different looks and garments - I may even try pants! I'm very much a dress and skirts kind of girl, but I know I have more to offer and look forward to exploring that in the new year.
- More post variety: I did this quite a lot last year and want to continue being more than just a style blog. I have lots of things I love talking about and will integrate book reviews, beauty posts, and more personal and detailed posts in the coming months.
- Get back into running: I need to get back into running. I loved it when I was training last year and miss it now I'm no longer doing it. It's not a weight loss thing and never has been, but I genuinely feel better within myself for being active rather than running out of breathe when climbing a flight of stairs!
- Get back into volunteering: I used to volunteer loads before life and work got in the way, but I really want to start volunteering again. I love it and it's a good and selfless thing to do. Sparing a few hours in my week will be nothing but an honour if it means helping others.
- Photograph more: Other than IG, I hardly ever go out with my cameras anymore. I don't know if it's because I now associate it with my ex or if I've just become lazy, but photography is such a big part of my life and I've missed it. I need to head out more when I have a free evening and take pictures like I used to.
- Write my thoughts down more: Because holding things in only rots you from the inside out.
- Know my worth: I spend way to much time thinking about what others think of me, and it's exhausting. The thing is, I'm a frigging awesome person! Am I perfect? No, of course not because no-one is. I know I have made and will continue to make mistakes, but I know that I'm a really good person who loves and cares about people almost unreservedly (because everyone has a line). I think too much about giving the wrong impression, upsetting people and more often than not I put others before myself. Now, I'm not saying there's necessarily anything wrong with that, but I forget about myself a lot - A LOT, and I don't think that's the right way. I have to find a balance between caring about myself as well as others. Because of this, I seem to chase a lot. I'm always the first one to message, the first one to call, the first one to ask if someone is ok, the first one to cancel plans if it means someone being on their own, the first one to apologise, the first one to confront an issue, the first one who tries to resolve an issue; and although I am "a fixer" (because, y'know, I give a shit), I can't help but wonder if the person or persons on the other end of that, would bother. Would they/ do they care as much as I do? I need to realise who to leave behind and who to hold on to. To value myself and let those who don't fall by the waste side.
It's a short list, but an important one to me and I hope to tick as many of these things off as I can.
I wish you all heaps of happiness, adventure, good health, love, friendship, and good vibes in 2016 - it's going to be a good one, kids!
'til next time!
Love and hugs,