The Randomness of Twee who set all three of her nominations a set of eleven questions. Below are my answers.....
1. What inspired you to blog? I started reading blogs before I started blogging, but it wasn't until I saw a magazine article with Georgina and Sian where I felt like I really wanted to create something of my own. I found their words incredibly empowering and even though I hadn't even met them, I felt their conviction to my core and I just had to plug into that. I've never looked back and it's one of the best decisions I've ever made.
2. Who are your favourite bloggers? Gosh, there are so many, too many to list. Honorable mentions for Hanna, Ragini, Rosie, Amy, Naomi, and of course my three nominations.
3. What is your dream outfit? Swing dress, petticoat and polka dots. It really doesn't get any better than that for me.
4. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? I'm lucky to live exactly where I want to be - London. Born and raised here and I can't imagine myself anywhere else.
5. What would be your last meal? Thai Jungle Curry followed by cupcakes.
6. Who is your style Icon? There are so many, but Josephine Baker was the first of my memory. I could write about her for hours, but as we're talking about style, she was (for her time) extremely outlandish and often shocked with her burlesque attire consisting an array of sparkles, prints, head pieces, but also nudity. She was striking and daring and embraced her femininity and her right to show it off, throughout her life. For me, style started with Josephine Baker.
7. What are the three songs you would listen to if the world was ending? I'm going to lame out on this one and instead put my iPhone on shuffle. Having said that, I'd be bitterly disappointed if 'Fake Plastic Trees' wasn't one of the three.
8. Dogs or Cats? Cats all the way!
9. What is your beauty essential? Lipstick! I rarely wear a full face of makeup, but I never leave the house without at least one stick of lipstick. For me, it completes an outfit.
10. What is your favourite smell? The smell of the sea. I will forever be a mermaid living on land.
11. Where is the best place you have ever been to? New York. I'd go again in a heartbeat if I could.
So hopefully you know just that little bit more about me. Thanks so much to Vicky for the nomination, and here are mine:
Lucia - U Can't Wear That!
I just love her style versatility and her fearlessness to step out of the box to create outfits that are fashion forward and perfectly executed. I weep at how incredible she looks in this leopard print Medusa.
Mayah - Beautyful Youniverse
A fellow lover of vintage, but always brings a modern edge to it. She mixes her styles so well and always does it with a smile on her face (probably because she knows she looks hot!).
Marie - Migg Mag
My kindred spirit and living proof that angels do exist. Amongst the many things I've gained through blogging, meeting people like Marie is without doubt one of the best. Her style is effortless and there literally hasn't been an outfit I haven't adored on her. Again, she has a vintage flare but she is so much more than that. Through being a writer for Bustle, she is able to break down barriers and write articles that are engaging, thought provoking and articulate. She inspires me everyday.
My set of questions for these beauts are:
1. What made you want to start blogging?
2. What is your proudest achievement through blogging?
3. What one item in your wardrobe would you be lost without?
4. What's an ideal item of clothing that you love but don't see in size fat?
5. How would you describe your style to someone new to your blog?
6. Which plus size brand(s) make you swoon the most?
7. You're being treated to a banquet. Who do you want there to enjoy it with you?
8. What are some of your favourite things to do in your spare time?
9. Dream holiday destination? Somewhere you are yet to venture.
10. What advice would you give your younger self knowing and feeling the way you do now?
11. What does the body positivity movement mean to you?
Liebster Award Rules:
· Thank and link back to the blogger who nominated you.
· Answer the 11 questions they have asked you.
· Nominate bloggers who have a following of <200 on Bloglovin’
· Ask them 11 questions.
· Notify the nominees
Can’t wait to read my nominations answers.
‘til next time.
Love and hugs,